Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A year in the life of...

Okay, so it has been quite a while, blogosphere. I obviously won't do this often enough, and have no mythical belief that I'm the next Pulitzer prize winner.

What have I been doing the past year or so.

  1. Walked at Johns Hopkins Univ. to accept my MS of Sys. Eng. degree. First time on campus.
  2. changed programs at work...twice, or maybe three times. But still doing the same thing focusing on Systems engineering for software, or some combination of those two disciplines. Almost left the company, until another opportunity popped up, back on my old program. I was just that frustrated and tired of being the team player.
  3. working on improving a house in Maine that is 250 miles and a ferry ride away. So far, just bring up supplies. Hope to start consuming them.
  4. Still watching movies all the time, and TV that I don't get on cable...because I don't have cable.
  5. Did a 35 mile bike ride recently, to help raise money for cancer research at Dartmouth-Hitchcock hospital
  6. Attended the funeral of my 92 year old Grandmother this spring
  7. Attended a family reunion in WV over labor day, which also had a memorial service for my grandfather's 101 year old sister.
  8. Oldest child is attending high school this fall, and is getting quite good at Karate
  9. Youngest child is into double digits, and plays the piano with a skill that I can never get the hang of.
  10. wife is starting to get back into school and get out of the home more.
No pundits today. Life is moving on, fewer peaks, fewer valleys. wondering what is around the river bend, of should I keep paddling to stay in one place.


No comments: